[Koha] Some records not searchable

Chris Morrison cmm1005 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 07:05:44 NZDT 2009

I did a bit of searching and didn't see this directly addressed, so I
figured I'd post it here. We have just completed migrating our catalog to
Koha and while a majority of our records work perfectly well, a few are not
coming up in search queries.

What is odd about this is that all of them imported successfully and appear
to be indexed by Zebra. We can access them and edit the MARC records. I can
even access them directly via URL. For example, we have a book titled "We
Stand Together," available here:

http://koha.lru.edu/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=33179

This was imported along with a few thousand other records, most of which
work, but many of which don't. Yet though it is accessible directly (and,
interestingly, it does appear in the shelf-browser), it does not come up in
the OPAC search either by title, keyword, author, or subject search, etc.

I've compared the MARCs of ones that work with ones that don't and see no
appreciable difference.

Any thoughts on the nature of the problem? Thanks!

Chris Morrison
Bertha Smith Library
Luther Rice Seminary and University
Lithonia, GA 30038