[Koha] Kohacon10 dates, straw poll

Walls, Ian Ian.Walls at med.nyu.edu
Wed Nov 25 03:25:05 NZDT 2009

Everyone,

So it sounds like the November dates are going to be more expensive for international travelers, and partially conflict with another NZ conference that could limit local participation.  The fact that the Nov. dates fall during Thanksgiving may also prove a limiting factor for any US-based attendees (in addition to the perceived/actual cost of travel that we've discussed before).

There is a slight possibility the October dates may conflict with the Internet Librarian 2010 conference, assuming it's held at the same time of year; I know members of our community have attended this conference before.  The October dates also cover Halloween, which is a much less family-oriented holiday in the US than Thanksgiving, but is important to some folks, so worth the minor note (does NZ do much for Halloween?).

It seems to me that Oct. is preferable in light of the facts already discussed; are there additional factors anyone can think of?  Other national holidays or conferences?

Looking very much forward,

Ian Walls
Systems Integration Librarian
NYU Health Sciences Libraries