[Koha] Koha error

Marijana Glavica mglavica at ffzg.hr
Fri Nov 20 23:34:42 NZDT 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:41:59AM +0530, Binu PC wrote:
>    hi
>
>    While doing cataloging using windows internet explorer 8 there is problem
>    that duplicate records are shown while searching

That is a very nasty problem probably related to zebra indexer. It is
not related with browser.

We have the same problem but didn't have time to cope with it properly,
so we just rebuld zebra index from time to time with -r option.
(rebuld_zebra.pl -b -r).
This is not very satisfactory solution because our database is arround
300.000 recods so it takes some time and during that time the catalog
search is not available. We do this during the night.

During the day we run 'rebuld_zebra.pl -b -z' every 4 minutes insted of
running zebraque deamon, as recommended.

Does anybody have the same problem and the proper solution?

Regards,
Marijana

---
Marijana Glavica
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Library
I. Lucica 3, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
http://knjiznica.ffzg.hr/