[Koha] Import Data from excel

Andrew Buxton A.Buxton at ids.ac.uk
Fri Nov 13 01:49:26 NZDT 2009

Hello Ankit

I don’t know if you’ve already had a better solution, but one route for the books data would be to create a text file that can be read by MARCmaker.  (See http://www.loc.gov/marc/makrbrkr.html for examples of what is required.)  We do this for our library catalogue which is in a SQL Server database.  I use the ColdFusion programming language but another route might be to read the Excel file into Access and write a report that creates the right text format.  Once you put it through MARCmaker you have a MARC file which can easily be read by Koha.

Andrew Buxton
IDS, Brighton, UK