[Koha] KOHA OPAC Browse by Subject feature

Prasada Sajja psajja at lru.edu
Wed Nov 11 09:30:38 NZDT 2009

We want to add  "browse by subject" feature to our OPAC and our IT guys helped us run the following scripts and ran into problems (see below). I would appreciate if anyone can help us with the Browse by Subject feature.
misc/migration_tools/bulkauthimport.pl
misc/cronjob/build_browser_and_cloud.pl.
Prasada Sajja
Bertha Smith Library
Luther Rice Seminary/University
Problems reported by our IT people:
I have run into problems running the script you requested that I run. Here are the results:
root at lru-lnx-srv02:/home/insol<mailto:root at lru-lnx-srv02:/home/insol># perl -I /usr/share/koha/lib /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/bulkauthimport.pl
small script to import an iso2709 file into Koha.
parameters :
        h : this version/help screen
        file /path/to/file/to/dump : the file to dump
        v : verbose mode. Valid modes are 1 and 2
        n : the number of the record to import. If missing, the whole file is imported
        t : test mode : parses the file, saying what it would do, but doing nothing.
        c : the MARC flavour. At the moment, MARC21 and UNIMARC supported. MARC21 by default.
        d : delete EVERYTHING related to authorities in koha-DB before import
        m : format, MARCXML or ISO2709
        commit : the number of records to wait before performing a 'commit' operation
IMPORTANT : don't use this script before you've entered and checked twice (or more) your MARC parameters tables.
If you fail the test, the import won't work correctly and you will get invalid datas.

SAMPLE : ./bulkmarcimport.pl -file /home/paul/koha.dev/local/npl -n 1
Died at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/bulkauthimport.pl line 59.
AND
root at lru-lnx-srv02:/home/insol<mailto:root at lru-lnx-srv02:/home/insol># perl -I /usr/share/koha/lib /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/build_browser_and_cloud.pl -c
browser :  /  at /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/build_browser_and_cloud.pl line 59.
no cloud or browser field/subfield defined : nothing to do ! at /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/build_browser_and_cloud.pl line 60.