[Koha] Help:: Changing the Item Type in 942 'C'

nitesh rijal rijal.it at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 18:02:36 NZDT 2009

Hello all.

I am using KOHA 3.0.3 and I am also using multiple database in it. I have
come across a requirement to import contents with different "Item Types". I
created a new content type and then added a new field in 942c from the Marc
Editor to add a new field type in KOHA.

When I finish importing the data into KOHA, it shows the item code in the
Marc Field search but doesnot change it in the 942c field. The 942c is kept
remain as "Books" as default item type. Should not that field value
change???

Moreover, even if I search the content type, it doesnot show up, even if it
is there.

But when I manually change the value of 942c from the Drop Down list, and
make a search it searched the item. What is that I'm must do additional to
these???

Please Help.

--
Nitesh Rijal