[Koha] Delete outdated custom framework?

Nelson Fredsell (nelsonf) nfredsell at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 13:05:28 NZDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I'd like to delete an outdated MARC framework that I no longer use, but
receive a warning that a number of records are related.  If I delete the old
framework, how will it impact the existing attached biblio records that were
catalogued?   Using Koha Linux 3.0, but soon updating to 3.4.

I tested by creating a new framework "tmp" using an existing custom
pared-down framework with minimal number of MARC tags, and then created a
test biblio record and associated item.  When I went to delete "tmp"
framework, the warning I received was "This framework is used 28 times."
when actually I had only used it 1 time. I deleted the framework, then
searched for the biblio and could not find it!  I sure hope that 28 (or 27)
legitimate records weren't deleted, but I don't know how to determine which
records are associated with which frameworks.

Is the moral of the story, "Never delete frameworks that have biblio records

Thanks very much,

Nelson Fredsell
nelsonf on Koha IRC
implementing a small, non-profit union catalogue
in Cape Town, South Africa