[Koha] Report of Active Users for a Month

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 08:19:40 NZDT 2009

2009/11/3 Melanie Hedgespeth <melanie at salpublib.org>

>  I am trying to create a report for active patrons within a specific
> month, divided up by patron category.
>

> (I see you can create a patron statistics report for patron activity within
> “years”, but can’t get the code so I can adjust it to a month’s period.)
>

> Any tips?
>

> Thanks!
>

> *Melanie Hedgespeth*
>
> Tech Center Manager
>
> Salina Public Library
>
> 785.825.4624 Ext. 233
>
> melanie at salpublib.org

I assume by "active", you mean "checked out books", right? If so, you'd want
something like this:

SELECT YEAR(issuedate), MONTH(issuedate), categorycode, COUNT(DISTINCT
borrowernumber) FROM old_issues LEFT JOIN borrowers USING (borrowernumber)
GROUP BY YEAR(issuedate), MONTH(issuedate), categorycode;

Because it uses old_issues, it won't include anything that's still checked
out; getting around that requires either ugly subqueries or running the
report with old_issues and issues and manually combining the results.

--
Jesse Weaver