[Koha] Koha with Ubuntu 9.10

Bob Ewart bob-ewart at att.net
Sun Nov 1 02:54:01 NZDT 2009

Vimal Kumar wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> Anybody tried Koha installation with Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) ?
> Let us know your experience with Ubuntu 9.10.
>
> With regards,
>
> --
> Vimal Kumar V.
> Asst. Librarian
> Asian School of Business
> Technopark, Trivandrum-695 581
> Web: www.vimalkumar.co.nr <http://www.vimalkumar.co.nr>
> Blog: http://vimalkumar.oksociety.in
>
> OK Society Volunteer. http://oksociety.in
> "I forget what I was taught. I only remember what I have learnt"
> -Patrick White

I just did a distribution upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10 on my test system.

When it rebooted, it couldn't find the root partition by UUID.
Strangely enough, it could boot distributions from other partitions on
that system.  I went in and changed /boot/grub/menu.lst to use
/dev/sda11 instead of by UUID.

So far, in very limited testing, everything seems to work fine.

Bob Ewart
Stonewall Library & Archives
koha 3.00.04.019 final