[Koha] Storage structure of Koha3 for Marc fields.

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Sat May 30 03:21:51 NZST 2009

2009/5/29 echuang.chew <echuang.chew at gmail.com>

> Greetings,
>
> I am new to Koha3, after I upgraded my Koha2 to Koha3, notice that the
> database design has been changed.
> FYI, I am using the non zebra version of Koha3. Can anyone tell me is
> Koha3 still using marc_XXXX tables to stored the marc fields ?
> Or is it any configuration to be done so that Koha3 will still using the
> marc_XXXX for storing marc fields ?
>
> Can anyone please help me ?
>
> Best Regards,
> eChuang, Chew

Koha 3 actually stores the MARC data quite differently, as a data blob in
the biblioitems.marc and biblioitems.marcxml tables. This is not
configurable.

Note that to get NoZebra search working, you do have to run
misc/migration_tools/rebuild_nozebra.pl , to update the search indexes.

--
Jesse Weaver