[Koha] MARC 001 Field

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Wed May 27 21:54:04 NZST 2009

Dear Ondrej,

At 10.27 25/05/2009, Ondrej Mlecka wrote:
>In the MARC 21 code there is the 001 field, which is the unequivocal
>idetifier of each record. However, I can't find any support for this
>field in Koha (for ex. a script which fills this field authomatically).
>
>Could anyone tell me how does this field function in Koha? It seems
>that Koha uses rather some of the 999 subfields for the unequivoque
>identifiing. Is therefore sme way how to map the Koha field in 001
>MARC field? Or, in Koha is it prefered not to use this field?...

yes, Koha in MARC21 setup uses the  999 to register the  unequivocal
identifier of each BIBLIOGRAPHIC record.

Attention that Koha uses two unequivocal identifier of each
bibliographic record.
In 999$c you see the Koha biblionumber  [used in the MySQL table 'biblio']
In 999$d Koha biblioitemnumber  [used in the MySQL table 'biblioitems']

In fact now Koha doesn't use the 001 field.

And field 001 is a special field, you can't map the Koha field to 001
MARC21 field. I have try to do it and it does not work.
And can't find any script for this field because there isn't.

But the system doesn't use the value inserted into 001 MARC21 field.
So in fact you can insert everything.

Cheers
Zeno Tajoli

Zeno Tajoli