[Koha] Cleaning out Sessions table?

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Wed May 20 05:50:13 NZST 2009

Yes it is safe to purge sessions at some regular interval.  It *may* be safe
to perform a total purge via TRUNCATE, but that is dicier.  Obviously, any
open sessions would be eliminated, and it might hurt performance.

For an InnoDB table before version 5.0.3, InnoDB processes TRUNCATE
TABLE<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/truncate.html>by deleting
rows one by one.

(from http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/truncate.html )

I imagine if you don't care about killing open sessions, then performance at
that moment probably doesn't matter either.
--
Joe Atzberger
LibLime - Open Source Library Solutions