[Koha] Ubuntu 8.0.4 Koha 3.0 Install

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Sat May 16 02:11:41 NZST 2009

Hi Byron,

One strange thing I did notice with the install came on the very last
step when I ran the command:

>sudo zebrasrv -f /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml
>
>After running this command I got the message below and it just hung
>(as in it did not return back to the command line).  I am not sure
>if that was normal or not.
>
>[server] Starting server zebrasrc pid=11602

it OK that you don't return back to command line with the command
"sudo zebrasrv -f /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml"
With this comand you start a daemon in foreground withou a log file.
So the log file of the daemon is your teminal.

Try sudo zebrasrv -f /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml 1>/tmp/log_zebra
2>/tmp/error_zebra &

With '&' the daemon zebrasrv goes in background
With 1>/tmp/log_zebra 2>/tmp/error_zebra you create two log file to
read as debug
1>/tmp/log_zebra --> log of normal messages
2>/tmp/error_zebra --> log of error.

Attention that this solution is only for test.

Read with you system admin the file 'INSTALL.debian' [it is in the
koha source archive] to find a more stable solution.
Ubuntu is based on debian so many part of debian istruction could be
used with Ubuntu.

Cheers
Zeno Tajoli

Zeno Tajoli