[Koha] Ubuntu 8.0.4 Koha 3.0 Install

Byron Smith byron at webwired.com.au
Sat May 16 00:52:26 NZST 2009

Hi Guys,

I have recently tried installing Koha 3.00 on Ubuntu 8.04 with apache and
mysql.  I have been following the instructions laid out at:
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=koha_3_install_guide_ubuntu_hardy.  I have
followed through with each step and everything seems to have installed
correctly yet when I get to the end of the instructional and bring up
http://localhost:8080 <http://localhost:8080/>  all I get is the generic "It
works" message from the default index.htm.  Obviously I have missed
something fairly important somewhere along the line.

One strange thing I did notice with the install came on the very last step
when I ran the command:

sudo zebrasrv -f /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml

After running this command I got the message below and it just hung (as in
it did not return back to the command line).  I am not sure if that was
normal or not.

[server] Starting server zebrasrc pid=11602

If anyone could shed any light on this it would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Byron