[Koha] [Koha-devel] Announcing ... New koha.org Website based on Plone

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue May 12 00:27:39 NZST 2009

Eric Bégin <Eric.Begin at inLibro.com> wrote: [...]
> What are the factor making for someone to be in
> the Koha-manage group?

As I understand it, the current Koha-manage group was initialised by
BibLibre with current and past post-holders and is currently expanding
by invitation.  So, it includes Chris Cormack and people from
(alphabetically) BibLibre, Calyx, HLT, Katipo, LibLime and TTLLP.

> There is no mention of such a group on <a moz-do-not-send="true"
> href="http://koha.org" target="_blank">koha.org .
> Can this be clarify somewhere in the web site?

I've not been told that the group is secret, so I don't see why it's
not on the web site.  It's pretty obvious when you look at the
signatories of certain press releases that we're discussing some
things in private.  As I understand it, it was set up for purely
practical reasons (avoiding massive cc lists) and most development
discussions should be on koha-devel still.

> This discussion make me ask about that possibile foundation that was
> discussed few months ago.  An update on that topic would be appreciated.

Which foundation?  KohaLA is running: see www.koha-fr.org and click
"KohaLA" in the top navigation.  KUDOS has some info at
http://kudos.koha.org/ We're still waiting for substantive discussion
about KSF bylaws: I think LibLime has been developing the first draft.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef).  LMS developer and supporter for a small, friendly