[Koha] Anyone using tag clouds?

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Sat May 9 00:47:29 NZST 2009

> I use tagging, but I just open the regular catalog and add tags as I like.  I've got them for special bibliographies that don't fit well with lists and some other keywords.  Why do we need this ability in the staff function?

It sounds like there are catalogers who would like this to be part of
their regular cataloging workflow. That makes sense to me: while
they're creating or modifying a record they might see that the
"official" subject headings for a book don't match what they think
their patrons might be looking for. I agree that it would be nice to
be able to add tags during the MARC edit process. Maybe some kind of
plugin--click a link to pop up a modal window which would hook into
the standard tag system.

I don't know how you'd handle adding tags along with a new record,
though. I assume you have to pass a biblio number along with the
standard tag process, and I'm guessing a biblio number isn't allocated
until a record is saved?

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer