[Koha] [Koha-translate] Announcing ... New koha.org Website based on Plone

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat May 9 02:43:51 NZST 2009

Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:
> We're pleased to announce that we've nearly finished migrating
> koha.org from Kea to the Plone Content Management System--the new site
> should be ready to launch by the end of this week.

Well, that's a surprise to me.  It's a shame this is the first that
current website editors like me have been told about this launch date.
I thought it would be about 20 May.  As everyone can now see (yikes),
there are a few problems with design and content on new.koha.org to
fix and the current website editors don't even have access yet, as far
as I know.

[...]
> 1. User Management -- anyone can sign up and add content to koha.org
> through the built-in review process.

Who has taken over management of the review process?  I asked for edit
access on 29 April and have had no reply since then.

[...]
> Many thanks to Tina Burger, Nicole Engard and Clay Fouts for their
> efforts getting this new site ready, and to Paul Poulain for excellent
> feedback of our first draft.

Hrm.

> If you'd like to help out there are still a number of things that can
> be done. For instance, we need help going through the archive of news
> items on the Kea-based koha.org and adding those to Plone so we don't
> lose that history. Also, please add your library (or libraries you
> support) to the new Koha world map. Any volunteers?

I'm happy to help, but it's 3pm on Friday now, so it's not going to be
done by this weekend even if I throw everything at it.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef).  LMS developer and supporter for a small, friendly