[Koha] RFC: relicense wiki.koha.org

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Fri May 8 00:25:33 NZST 2009

Hi,

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Ben Finney <ben+koha at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> But it also doesn't solve the incompatibility between the Koha manual,
> licensed under GPL, and the Wiki content.
>
> Why not license the wiki content also under GPL? Then the same license
> terms apply to all the software: programs, documentation, and wiki.

Good idea - the GPL seems to have worked OK for the manual.  MJ and I
discussed this a bit more on #koha yesterday, and MJ also suggested
either the GPL or a free-for-all.  For the sake of completeness, the
other licenses that came up in the discussion include:

CC-BY - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
CC0 - http://creativecommons.org/license/zero/

I now think that the GPL is the way to go.  I've updated the
relicensing page on the wiki
(http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=relicensing); are there any other
comments about the license or the voting process?

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton