[Koha] Clearing "in house" OPACs

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Wed May 6 19:45:18 NZST 2009

Dear Adrea,

At 01.24 06/05/2009, Adrea Lund wrote:
>We have computers in our library which are only used as OPACs - we
>would like to set up these OPAC computers to clear search
>history/login info/cart contents etc. after a certain period of
>inactivity (perhaps 2-3 minutes).  So that when you sit down at an
>OPAC in the library you are not already logged into someone else's
>account. Does anyone have a solution for how to set this up?
>
>We have already experimented with the "timeout" admin system
>preference.  It does not do the trick, because we do not want to
>staff to be logged out of our staff module after a period of
>inactivity, and we do not want folks accessing their account from
>home to get logged out of their account automatically.  We just need
>a solution for the OPAC computers in the library.  Thanks for your help!

if those PCs are only for OPAC, the best idea is not to work on Koha
but to work on PCs.

You need to build a 'Kiosk Pc' and setup a timed reset for the browser.
See on google to find how to build a 'Kiosk Pc' (I suggest Linux as
OS but it is a you choice).
As default url of the browser insert the logout link , http://<your
site>/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl?logout.x=1>.

So, with every browser reset, you have also a logout.

Bye

Zeno Tajoli
CILEA - Segrate (MI)
tajoliAT_SPAM_no_prendiATcilea.it