[Koha] koha error

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Wed May 6 03:47:42 NZST 2009

Looks like you might have competing processes for mysqld running, meaning
that /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock already is created but by some other user.

ls -l /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

That should tell you if it exists, and the owning user.  Or do:

ps -ef | grep mysql

to show processes matching "mysql".  To stop them the correct way:

sudo /etc/init.d/mysql stop

Or as a last resort:
sudo kill *process_id*

Then after all the processes are stopped, you should be able to confirm the
.sock file is gone, or delete it manually.  Then start mysqld (same command
with "start" instead of "stop") and try Koha again.

--
Joe Atzberger
LibLime - Open Source Library Solutions