[Koha] Koha Interface

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Mon May 4 22:10:35 NZST 2009

Rick Welykochy wrote:
> Rachel Hamilton-Williams wrote:
>
>> Start with the CSS, then the includes should be more "look and feel",
>> and the tmpl will be where things are on the page, organisation of
>> the fields etc.
>
> You can accomplish quite a lot by changing just the CSS. Compare the
> various versions of the same content in the CSS Zen Garden. In all cases,
> the HTML/templates/etc are the same, just the CSS has been changed.
>
> http://www.csszengarden.com/
>
> I am prolly being a bit naive here as the HTML/templates themselves may
> have to be (re)written in a manner that meshes well with the CSS, but
> there
> is hope :)
Yeah - usually when people want to change the look and feel to the
extend Melanie is implying, they want to hide fields and change what's
actually displaying on the page (Essentially make some changes to how
Koha works) which generally means more than just the CSS.

Zen Garden is actually a pretty simple page structure wise, and
definitely setup to facilitate that sort of reskining  - if you wanted
to change what's in the divs then you're getting closer to what you
usually have to do to "reskin" a Koha.

Cheers
Rachel

--