[Koha] Help Needed

Imran Mohamed rovin_28 at hotmail.com
Fri May 1 00:30:48 NZST 2009

Hello Everybody,
A pleasant good day to you. My name is Imran Mohamed from the University of
Guyana and I am a part of the team that is currently customizing Koha ILS
v3. We are almost through setting up the relevant frameworks and customizing
the software. However, we are experiencing some problems in one of the
framework. The error is encountered when adding a MARC record and is as
follows:

Koha error
The following fatal error has occurred:
Tag "" is not a valid tag. at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 2534
Apache Server version: Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) Server built: Jan 20 2009
17:29:25
Koha 3.00.00.107
Koha DB 3.0000107
MySQL mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.32, for pc-linux-gnu (i486) using readline
5.2
OS Linux canaan 2.6.18-6-k7 #1 SMP Tue Jun 17 22:06:22 UTC 2008 i686
GNU/Linux
Perl
5.008008

Another problem we are encountering is when a book is overdue, the fines are
not calculated although the book is showing up as overdue. All of the fine
rules were already set up.
Also, seeing that we are almost finished customizing, we would like to know
what is the best way to enter records into the system. Would it be best
manually, one by one or use the Library of Congress database. Please advise
us as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Regards,
Imran Mohamed