[Koha] [Koha-devel] Barcode Don't Found

dzurn daz-macromates at zzzurn.com
Sun Mar 29 16:38:31 NZDT 2009

The difficulty mightbe between the printed barcode labels and the barcode
scanner. You should verify with the scanner what the labels actually return:
modern barcode types (like Code 128 symbology) will let you print labels
which have spaces in the human-readable text, but no spaces might be encoded
in the barcode.

This lets barcode labels show a human-readable number that is divided up,
even though the actual data encoded doesn't include the space.

In other words, the human-readable barcode on your book labels might "show"
a space where none exists in the scanned barcode data. So if your MARC
record has a barcode data field with a space in the middle, then your scans
won't match if the scanner is stripping them out.

I think you'll find your barcode labels show the text as "T 01234" but the
scan returns "T01234" and  the MARC record has "T 01234" so no match
happens.

Hope this helps.
Darryl Zurn