[Koha] login failure

Carmel Young carmely.cunima at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 24 22:55:46 NZDT 2009

Using Koha 3.0.0 on Linux.

We had trouble with a failed file - you sent us some advice to use
gedit, and we recovered this file.  Unfortunately, another problem has
arisen - cannot log into "kohadbuser" because of too many
authentication failures - the exact message reads "Access denied for
127.0.0.1.  The host has been blocked because of too many
authentication failures."
Also cannot log into kohaadmin.

The question is how can we retrieve the passwords?

At the same time we can't log into the local hosts.

I hope this is not too many problems for you to solve...

Thanks heaps
Carmel Young
Catholic University
Malawi