[Koha] EDI, automated purchasing process

Joann Ransom jransom at library.org.nz
Tue Mar 24 15:52:07 NZDT 2009

Hi Ivan,

I have our local supplier investigating this for us now, TLS here in NZ,
and they report the folowing:

"You can import MARC, update bibliographic information and then attach an
order record but no XML type capability at present as far as I can see.

Probably need to be looking at ONIX compliance from the
publisher/supplier side as well. ONIX is a publisher standard that uses
the XML format and makes EDI easy via EDIFACT."

CHeers Jo.