[Koha] Cataloguing articles within serials

Nelson Fredsell -CCE nelson at cfce.org.za
Thu Mar 19 21:43:04 NZDT 2009

Hi Verónica,

Does this mean I would first catalogue the serial as an item, then I would
catalogue each article completely separate, as an additional item in our
catalogue, and reference the serial using 773?

This way when a patron searches subject (or keywords?), both the serial and
the specific article within that serial edition would be found?  Because a
serial has multiple articles with multiple subjects/keywords, might it be
advisable to enter lots of details on the serial entry?  Or, is this
generally not necessary and one should only need enter specifics
(subject/keywords) against the article entry.

In addition to serials with articles, we have lots of loose articles that
are not physically located inside the original serial.  These loose articles
are bound in ring-binder notebooks.  I suppose in this case I would
reference the ring-binder notebook in 773?

Thanks,
Nelson