[Koha] z39.50 search. Not Connecting with Libraries Australia

Mason James mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 13:59:47 NZDT 2009

On 2009/03/16, at 1:47 PM, Frances Sandeman wrote:

> Hi,
> The KOHA z39.50 will search and retrieve records from Library of
> Congress and other libraries listed but will
> not connect with Libraries Australia.  As far as I can see i have
> added all the relevant information accurately and my
> account with "Libraries Australia" is active and all working from
> their end.  Does anyone know what the problem
> might be and what could be causing this to happen?
> Thankyou

heya Frances

http://www.nla.gov.au/librariesaustralia/manuals/laz3950.html

this example below works OK for me...

Test Service Domain name	z3950-test.librariesaustralia.nla.gov.au
IP address	192.102.239.142
Port	Standard output:
1801 (MARC8 character encoding)
210 (Unicode character encoding)
Modified output:
1822 (MARC8 character encoding)
215 (Unicode character encoding)
Availability	If the test system is not available, please contact
Libraries Australia Help Desk
Database name 	BibTraining (case sensitive)
AuthTraining
Username	ANLEZ
Password	z39.50

FYI heres my DB record too ;)

mysql> select * from z3950servers\G
*************************** 6. row ***************************
        host: z3950-test.librariesaustralia.nla.gov.au
        port: 210
          db: BibTraining
      userid: ANLEZ
    password: z39.50
        name: 3950-TEST.LIBRARIESAUSTRALIA.NLA.GOV.AU
          id: 11
     checked: 1
        rank: 1
      syntax: USMARC