[Koha] Koha, Drupal and SOPAC

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Thu Mar 12 22:06:37 NZDT 2009

Hello,

I'm very pleased to announce that BibLibre has started working on a
SOPAC connector for Koha.

SOPAC is a module of drupal, written to have a perfectly integrated
web2.0 catalogue over the CMS drupal. You can find information here :
http://www.thesocialopac.net/

It's a new Biblibrian that works on that : jean-andré Santoni. He's
still a student, working on this subject for 2 months. Hopefully, once
he has finished his school, he will be hired by BibLibre.

He will implement many new webservices, that will follow the DLF
Discovery Interface scheme (http://diglib.org/architectures/ilsdi/)

He started last week, and the 1st days are very encouraging. We will let
you know once it can be opened.

As usual, it will be GPL-ed, even if we still haven't decided how to
distribute the code (use koha, sopac or BibLibre tools & repositories ?)

happy day.
--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com