[Koha] KOHA3.01 install issue with at INC with Mac

Don Tirrell dtirrell at millisps.org
Wed Mar 11 10:34:21 NZDT 2009

Hi Eric & All,

Thanks for all the responses.

Unfortunately, within Apple's documentation it refers one to the Apache
documentation
<http://images.apple.com/server/macosx/docs/Web_Technologies_Admin_v10.5.pdf>
so there's an integration gap between the two...

I know its a path issue but can't figure out why none of my trys have
worked (so far)
the following archive does provide what's happening
<http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2006/009525.html>

It seems for Mac OS X server the following syntax does work better

# export PERLLIB=/usr/local/koha3/lib/

but wonder if I should use the Apache alias commands (within Server Admin)
 instead of
   SetEnvIf Request_URI KOHA_CONF "/etc/koha3/koha-conf.xml"
   SetEnvIf Request_URI PERLLIB "/usr/local/koha3/lib/"

However, upon further review it looks like I'm missing a couple of
libraries required by Perl - I have the current version of libxml2
(2.6.32) but my system only sees the default 2.6.16 and therefore
XML::LibXSLT  will not install because it's stated that I don't have
Libxslt 1.1.18 (have 1.1.24) - some catch 22s - I will clean this up as my
other variables - apparently - are also not staying set - which also seems
to be the case with my @INC settings - as it does not stay set - even from
shell to shell - so I need to make these permanent... I have already
removed prior versions of Perl.

Kind Regards,

Don Tirrell
Network Administrator
Millis Public Schools

dtirrell at millisps.org

Millis Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
sex, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
--
Don,

This link may interest you.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=serveradmin/10.4/en/c5ws4.html

It seems that under the hood of Server Admin resides an Apache server.
I do not have a Mac here to test this though.

Eric
----
Hi Don,

My guess is that you koha-httpd.conf is missing some important stuff.

The error you sent tell us that you probably don't have the following line.

   SetEnv PERL5LIB "/usr/share/Koha/lib"

I don't know if you kept the koha-httpd.conf file created by Koha.  If
you did, just copy the lines you do not have in yours.  If you don't, my
suggestion would be to keep a copy your current .conf file, reinstall
Koha and adjust the new .conf file.

Let us know if this works!