[Koha] KOHA3.01 install issue with at INC with MacOSXServer10.5.6

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Mar 11 04:11:20 NZDT 2009

"Don Tirrell" <dtirrell at millisps.org> wrote:
> Earlier this year, I was attempting to install Koha 3.0 stable on to the
> same G5Xserve (image) but was running into many issues (some perl, some
> Apache) and due to these issues decided to upgrade the system from Mac OS
> X Server 10.4.11 to 10.5.6 - I then noticed that Koha 3.0.1 stable was
> released and am now using this release. I've resolved many issues
> including those that I had with Apache (2.2), which apparently is running
> fine, but only after I manually created the site files via Server Admin,
> because the default koha-httpd.conf doesn't allow the webserver to run
> correctly. Now, however, my Koha webserver config page (localhost:8080)
> only displays the text of the mainpage.pl...

I suspect the site files created via Server Admin aren't correct.
I'd love to know how this works out.  I gave up and installed Apache from
sources with fink instead of continuing the battle with the Apple one.

> running Perl at cli returns the following:
> ------
> mpslib3:intranet root# /usr/local/bin/perl mainpage.pl
> Can't locate C4/Output.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.10.0/darwin-2level /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.10.0
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/darwin-2level
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0 .) at mainpage.pl line 22.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at mainpage.pl line 22.

C4 is one of the Koha modules.  You need to do
   export PERL5LIB=/Path/To/koha
   (and maybe an export KOHA_CONF=/Path/To/Koha/etc/koha-conf.xml)
or put -I/Path/To/Koha after perl on the commandline.  The archives
should hold the correct current expressions if you search by date, if
you run into furthe rproblems.

[...]
> Server: Mac OS X Server 10.5.6, Apache 2.2, MySQL 5.1.24, Perl 5.10.0 --

I think there were suspected problems with one of the MARC XML modules
and Perl 5.10.0 a while ago - anyone know if they've been cleared?

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef).  LMS developer and supporter for a small, friendly