[Koha] utf-8 character encodeing problem and serching of zebra indexing search

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 07:21:37 NZDT 2009

Basu Talikoti wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We have running Koha 3.00 on centos operating system and we have  some
> problems with indexing searching of  of indic languages. It may be the
> presence of wide characters in records.
<SNIP>

> Any one can help us to solve the problem

I do not have a direct answer for you, but I have some queries that may
lead to the solution:

1. What is setting in your mysql regarding utf8? Show contents of your
mysql conf file that sets various parameters to utf8.

2. And also show the output of
mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'character\_set\_%';

and also show the charset of the Koha database and session (when a user
connects to koha db).

ever having been read.