[Koha] I'm confused about where normal view customization occurs

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Tue Mar 10 07:01:36 NZDT 2009

Thanks Owen, this worked.

I am running multiple databases, and when I was building that structure after installing Koha I copied the default koha database as three other databases, then populated those with my catalog info.  Looking at the default Koha database, it has bibliosubtitle.subtitle in the marc_subfield_structure - kohafield location for all of the 245$b rows.  I am thinking we lost this when we were modifying the frameworks for our use, but am not sure how.  If I can duplicate the problem I'll report it.  One way that comes to mind is that if we changed the link on the 245$b subfield, then changed it back to nothing.  That is a project for another day, I have too many others getting piling up as it is.

For now though, all is well.  My thanks again to you and Galen.

Best,

Doug

>>> Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> 3/7/2009 2:35 PM >>>
> Any idea why my Koha install would not show the $b field in the title under the Normal
> view the way yours and Rachel's does?  I noticed she is on a later release than I am.

I've tracked down the commit that enables the display of the subtitle
and it looks like it's old enough that you should have it. It was in
the 3.0 stable release:

kohabug 1621 - add subtitle to main results and details pages

Including the subtitle in search results and OPAC and staff
details templates.  The subtitle is expected to be in the
MARC subfield that is mapped to the (now nonexistant) column
bibliosubtitle.subtitle.

> What about the "Koha Link" field under the Advanced Constraints for a subfield.  My reading of this
> is that this is the link between the Koha DB fields and the MARC fields

It sounds from those notes above that the fix depends on the "Koha
Link" value for 245$b to be set to "bibliosubtitle.subtitle," a Koha
field that, as the notes say, doesn't exist anymore. The trouble is,
since it doesn't exist you can't choose it from the interface.

Perhaps the only option is to change it in MySQL? "UPDATE
marc_subfield_structure SET kohafield = 'bibliosubtitle.subtitle'
WHERE tagfield = 245 AND tagsubfield = 'b'"

...and add "AND frameworkcode = 'XXX'" if you only want to change the
XXX framework.

Maybe Galen could chime in with comments since he was the author of the patch.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries