[Koha] Mass updating a field

Winter, James WinterJ at arcadia.edu
Sat Mar 7 07:25:36 NZDT 2009

UPDATE items i, temptable t

SET i.barcode = t.barcode

WHERE i.itemnumber = t.itemnumber

James Winter

215.517.2588

From: koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz
[mailto:koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz] On Behalf Of Roche III, Edward
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 1:24 PM
To: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Subject: [Koha] Mass updating a field

Good Afternoon All

I am in need of a SQL statement to update my barcode field in the items
table. When we exported our catalog from Follett it removed a space that
was in out barcodes so now when we try to scan an item it is not being
found because the barcode field in Koha is missing the space. What I
have done so far:

1)      Export from the items table: itemnumber and barcode

2)      Added the space back into the barcode field

3)      Created a temp table in the koha db

4)      Imported the data into the temp table

I now need to move the data from the temp table over to the items table
to update the barcode field.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ed

Edward J. Roche

Network Administrator

Solanco School District

717.786.2151 x2437

"At the End of the Day, Did You Play to Win or Not to Lose?"