[Koha] Question on authorised values

Ondrej Mlecka omlecka at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 01:37:47 NZST 2009

Hi all,

I would like to ask something about authorised values. I created some
authorised values - contaning of an auth. value (normally an abbreviation)
and its description. I would like to ask how this values are intended: is it
the value self, or its description, what a patron can see?

In Opac Detailed View (no XSLT) there appears the value (the abbreviation).
So it is also in Staff Client MARC View. On the contrary, during the
cataloguing, there appears a pop-up menu with descriptions of auth. values.
Also in the Enhanced MARC View in OPAC, one can see only the descriptions.

So I would like to ask which should be the text a patron can see: the
abbreviation or the description? Or, is there a bug?

Thank you for your help, I hope the description is not too confused

Ondrej Mlecka