[Koha] MARC fields: server-independent URLs

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Tue Jun 23 10:13:13 NZST 2009

Sebastien,

Check this post - it helped me set up my Apache server so I could point to files located in a particular place on the server now, but provide for moving them in the future.

Best,

Doug

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.koha/11760/focus=11801

>>> Sébastien Hinderer <Sebastien.Hinderer at snv.jussieu.fr> 6/22/2009 1:01 PM >>>
Dear all,

Is it possible with Koha to store only the book-specific part of an URL
in the record for that book ?
To explain the queston in more details, suppose all the books are files
that can be downloaded from
http://someserver.org/download.pl?book=XXXX&format=YYY&volume=ZZZZ
Obviously one does not want to repeat the whole URL in all records,
since one would have to change all of them, should the server change.

A similar question concerns file formats.
Indeed, for the computer it may be easier to store in 856$q a MIME media
type or even a number referring to an SQL table that describes each
format. However one would prefer to display a format descrition.
Does koha permit such things ? If it does, how should such
functionalities be implemented ?

Many thanks in advance for your helo !

Best wishes,
Sébastien.