[Koha] MARC import in Koha GUI

Nelson Fredsell nelson at cfce.org.za
Mon Jun 22 08:57:01 NZST 2009

Dear Garry and Chris,
Thank you both for taking the time to reply.  I have learned to 1) check the
koha.org manual, 2) search previous postings to the newsgroup, and 3) search
koha.org and liblime.com for additional juicy bits of information on my
specific issues.  *Then* I post to the newsgroup.  I wish that the manual
(new and improved!) would be more of a wiki.  Maybe there's plans for this
already, as processes do seem to improve all the time.

Having said this, Yes I did read the manual before posting, and No it did
not provide enough details about the Record Matching Rules.  For example, In
my earlier posting the answer was "Nelson, you should use index
'Local-Number'."  Do you know how many hours it took to elicit that one
index term!?  So, then I experimented with Record Matching on 999c and it
worked great! (I learned more about MarcEdit in the process, too.)  That is,
until I needed to batch change a local Koha tag (952c).  So now it's back to
the newsgroup, collective hours of time, for another tiny piece of
information.  There's got to be a more efficient way of moving forward.

Please know that I am very grateful to the few who provide the rest of us
with answers to our burning questions.  Koha is great fun (much of the
time), and I can't wait for our little project to go live.