[Koha] MARC import in Koha GUI

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sun Jun 21 21:16:04 NZST 2009

2009/6/21 Nelson Fredsell <nelson at cfce.org.za>

> > There's no way to do a batch edit of 952 subtags
>
> Thanks, Cab.  Maybe I could set up a matching rule against 952p (Barcode),
> if only documentation existed to explain the Record Matching Rule settings.
> There's plenty of settings options, eg. Normalization rule, so it ought to
> work ... in theory.
>
> I constantly come up short on documentation.  After six months of countless
> hours with Koha, every little step forces me back to this newsgroup,
> attempting to re-invent the wheel.  Maybe this is what should be expected
> from FOSS/open source, my experience is limited in this area.  However, the
> community life around Koha is inspiring and encouraging, and keeps me
> coming
> back.  Plus the price is right, and the potential for an OPAC ILS union
> catalogue in my neck of the woods is compelling. I wish techies would
> realize how incredibly helpful documentation is for those who try to make
> sense of their invaluable work, and in the case of Koha I don't just mean
> comments in the code, I'm referring more to the manuals.
>

> Hi Nelson

You have of course read the manual eh?

I found this
http://koha.org/documentation/manual/3.0/administration/catalog-administration/record-matching-rules

There is tons more info in here
http://koha.org/documentation/manual/3.0

If you have already read it and found it comes up short, then feel free to
point out the missing sections and I'm sure Nicole (who is a librarian as
well as a techie) The documentation manager would be happy to fix that.

If not, then ...  :-)

Chris