[Koha] Authority and Biblios import

Ondrej Mlecka omlecka at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 18:35:12 NZST 2009

I would like to import authorities (cca 2.800) data and then biblios with
links to this authorities. Is there any way to assure this link?

I tied this way: before importing the data, I added and unequivocal number
to each authority record (beginning with 1 - it will be an import into a new
database) and assigned it to the 001 Authority field, and then I added this
numbers also to the 100$9 subfield of corresponding bibliog. registrations.

I created the MARC record with MarcEdit and then imported both files
(authority & bibliog.) with

perl bulkauthimport.pl -file /root/Authority.mrc -d
perl bulkmarcimport.pl -file /root/Biblio.mrc -d

and rebulit zebra indexes.

But Koha changed the 001 fields in authorities, so the link doesn't function
(or better, it does, but to another authorities).

Is there any way of making this link between authorities and bibliog.
registrations during the importing in Koha?

Thank you

Ondrej Mlecka
Casa Balthasar
Rome