[Koha] Importing Biblio Info but not Copies

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Tue Jun 16 05:11:18 NZST 2009

Hi,

2009/6/15 Roche III, Edward <edward_roche at solanco.k12.pa.us>:
> We have a school whose DB became corrupt and their copy information is no
> longer available in their current application. So they are going to be our
> test bed for our new Koha install. My question is if I just import the
> biblio information, re-barcode  and do the copy info later what is the best
> way to do this?

If the collection is small enough, just entering the items by hand may
be sufficient.  Alternatively, when you prepare the MARC bib file to
load into Koha, you could using MarcEdit or the like to add a 952
field to each bib so that there is at least one item with the correct
home library.  If the collection is large enough that you are paying a
vendor to print "smart" barcode labels for you, you can likely have
the vendor add 952 fields to your MARC bib records for you.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton