[Koha] Need help on Koha

ahtshun83 tony_ykt at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 14:16:55 NZST 2009

Let me explain briefly how my library operated previously.I do not have any
database to store record of students & books that check out/in. The
librarian will record down each transaction manually on paper.

now I want to use KOHA to record down all these transactions including all
books that I have in my library.

I understand that koha can integrated with barcode scanner to read/input
book barcode into koha

My questions are
1. Can i use barcode scanner to input all the books i have into koha
database or manually input the records?

2. Can koha searching book from barcode input?

3. how to configure email alert for overdue to librarian? I know i need a
cronjob  using fines.pl..where do i configure my mail server info inside
koha?

Hopefully someone can assist me...Thank you!!