[Koha] Koha authentication against existing LDAP directory

Mason James mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 14:15:18 NZST 2009

> So where am I going wrong? Is this user not authenticating? Or (as I
> suspect) is the authentication successful, but the account not getting
> created in Koha's database?
>
> Should I be expecting all this to work as expected above? How can I
> troubleshoot further?

1) take a look here to set your debug level, theres a bunch of ways...
http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=blob;f=C4/Debug.pm

2) look in your apache-config for your path to your errorlog
usually /var/log/apache2/error.log

3) tail your errorlog, and look for LDAP debug info

fyi: heres my ldap config

<useldapserver>1</useldapserver>

<!-- LDAP SERVER (optional) -->
<ldapserver id="ldapserver"  listenref="ldapserver">
  <hostname>ldaps://ldaps.foo.com:636</hostname>
  <base>ou=People,dc=foo,dc=internal</base>
  <user>ou=People,dc=foo,dc=internal</user>  <!-- DN, if not
anonymous -->
  <pass></pass>      <!-- password, if not anonymous -->
  <replicate>1</replicate>   <!-- add new users from LDAP to Koha
database -->
  <update>1</update>         <!-- update existing users in Koha
database -->
  <mapping>             <!-- match koha SQL field names to your LDAP
record field names -->
                 <firstname    is="givenname"      ></firstname>
                 <surname      is="sn"             ></surname>
                 <address      is="postaladdress"  ></address>
                 <city         is="l"              >foo</city>
                 <zipcode      is="postalcode"     ></zipcode>
                 <branchcode   is="branch"         >foo</branchcode>
                 <userid       is="uid"            ></userid>
                 <password     is="userpassword"   ></password>
                 <email        is="mail"           ></email>
                 <phone        is="telephonenumber"></phone>
                 <cardnumber   is="uid"            ></cardnumber>
  </mapping>
</ldapserver>