[Koha] Koha authentication against existing LDAP directory

Ben Finney ben+koha at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jun 3 15:51:49 NZST 2009

Mason James <mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com>
writes:

> On 2009/06/3, at 3:31 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > Mason James <mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com>
> > writes:
> >
> >> well, this specifically is tricky - as koha expects some basic user
> >> records, as Joe stated...
> >> why not try to get a basic koha+LDAP system first, then aim for this
> >> advanced setup
> >
> > Just to clarify, what is it you mean by “a basic Koha+LDAP system”?
> > Does it or does it not require use of a privileged LDAP user?
>

> to my knowledge, no it doesnt

Thanks for your response.

I'm confused over an apparent contradiction, then. When I asked:

> Ben Finney <ben+koha at benfinney.id.au> writes:
>> How can I get authentication working with Koha like with other LDAP
>> clients?

>> In particular, without duplicating or storing privileged user
>> credentials in the Koha configuration.

You (Mason) replied:

> well, this specifically is tricky - as koha expects some basic user
> records, as Joe stated...

So, asking again: How can I get authentication working with Koha,
without requiring the duplication or storage of privileged LDAP user
credentials in the Koha configuration?

I ask because the instructions assume the existence of such a provileged
account and instruct me to use those credentials in the configuration
<URL:http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:ldap>. So, since
you say that's not necessary, how do I get it working without that?

--
 \        “I took it easy today. I just pretty much layed around in my |
  `\        underwear all day. … Got kicked out of quite a few places, |