[Koha] Phone notification system & Koha

Susan O'Neal soneal at mplmain.mtpl.org
Tue Jun 2 01:51:53 NZST 2009

We are stumped!  Migrating from Classic Dynix to Koha is scheduled for
9/09 and we need a system to replace the old Telecirc system sold to us
by Dynix.  Actually, the software is an older version of Edify.  Is
there an open source system that anyone can recommend?  Or an
off-the-shelf system that is robust enough that we can modify/customize?

The functionality must include ability to phone customers with a
computerized voice message to let them know of items on hold ready to be
picked up, and of items overdue.  It also has the capacity to receive
calls and renew items according to our policies.  This is more than the
average drs office that calls with appointment reminders- must be able
to link approx 250,000 item and 40,000 borrower records.

Suggestions welcome!

Susan O'Neal

Director

Middletown Township Public Library