[Koha] How to make custom framework the default?

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at snv.jussieu.fr
Fri Jul 31 03:28:29 NZST 2009

Hi Melisa,

> 1.  How can I make our custom framework be the default selected framework
> when adding a new record?

I think you can't.
As far as I know your only choice is to modify the default framework
according to your needs. If you have someone in your team who is
comfortable with SQL, he/she may be able to make a backup of the default
framework (called kohadefault, say) and then to copy all the settings
from your favourite framework in the default one.

That being said:
a. I may be wrong since I'm new to Koha.
b. If I'm right you may want to submit an enhancement for that.

> 2.  Is is possible to hide items on the OPAC based on itemtype?  Do I have
> to modify each biblio one by one via the OpacSuppression feature to
> accomplish this?

That I don't know. Very interesting question, though.

> 3. Is there a way to limit the number of characters shown in the biblio
> summary when doing a search in the staff side?  For example, if a biblio has
> a really long summary, we only want to show the first 3 or 4 lines.

Don't know either, I'm sorry.

Kind regards,
Sébastien.