[Koha] Stage MARC Records for Import vs. bulkmarcimport

Rachel Hollis Rachel.Hollis at stevenshenager.edu
Thu Jul 30 12:23:06 NZST 2009

Thank you again Sébastien, I hadn't thought of using MarcEdit! I believe it would work perfectly for removing certain fields from the Marc record. Now I have to improve my skills with MarcEdit. :-)

I do not know how MarcEdit could be used to set Marc Frameworks though and I think I will eventually find it time-consuming to edit each biblio to set the Framework. Which brings me to something else I've been wondering about: the manual explains how to set up additional Frameworks for use with or instead of Default. We have set up four other Frameworks which we use instead of Default. Now I am considering using Default for all (or most) biblios. Can you (any of you) see problems with this?

Rachel Hollis, librarian
Stevens-Henager College, Boise Idaho Campus