[Koha] internal error message

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 07:40:53 NZST 2009

2009/7/28 Carol McGeehon <clmcgeeh at co.douglas.or.us>

>  I’m having a problem keeping the web interface up.  I’m receiving the
> following error message:
> *Internal Server Error*
>
> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
> to complete your request.
>
> Please contact the server administrator, webmaster at web4 and inform them of
> the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
> caused the error.
>
> More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
>
> Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error  was encountered while trying to
> use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
>  ------------------------------
>  *Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.5 with Suhosin-Patch Server at
> *199.195.23.104 Port 8080
>

> I’ve had someone with Linux experience look at it and tell me the
> permissions on the cgi-bin folder are being changed.  We don’t know why.
>
> Can someone tell me what might be happening so I can fix it?
>
> Carol McGeehon
> Technical Support Manager
> Douglas County Library System
> 1409 NE Diamond Lake Blvd
> Roseburg, OR   97470
> 541-440-6005

Well, your error message references PHP, but that has nothing to do with
Koha.  Koha is a perl-based system with no PHP code.  You should check your
error logs like the message suggests.  Your webmaster also seems to have
given a bad address in setting up the virtual host, so you should probably
talk to them.

--
Joe Atzberger
LibLime - Open Source Library Solutions