[Koha] [Koha-devel] Problems with Koha 3.0.3 download

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Jul 28 07:07:52 NZST 2009

2009/7/28 Chadwick, John, DCA <john.chadwick at state.nm.us>:
> Last week I downloaded Koha 3.0.3 from the link on the www.koha.org home
> page. The command I used was:
>

> wget http://download.koha.org/koha-3.00.03.tar.gz at the linux command file.
> The download went smoothly. The extraction and build were successful. When
> we went to build the application and install the mysql tables, the version
> number indicated that we had version 3.00.02.012. I tried the download again
> today. Same problem. The kohaversion.pl script is showing 3.00.02.012 as the
> version.
>

> So, what are we installing? Is it 3.0.3 or is it 3.0.2.12

Its 3.0.3, the database didn't change between 3.0.2 and 3.0.3 and we
use the number to tell Koha it needs to upgrade the database. This was
just a bugfix release for some buggy code, and didn't touch the
database.
It would have been better to bump the kohaversion.pl and make the
upgrade page come (even though it would have only changed the version
number in the db, nothing else :))

Chris