[Koha] Holds

Kathy Rippel kdr at ckls.org
Tue Jul 21 12:05:56 NZST 2009

Nicole-

We have the OPACDisplayRequestPriority preference turned OFF, and yet
it still shows the patron their priority when they place the hold.
This can cause problems with alert patrons who later ask why their
position dropped (possibly because staff re-ordered for some reason).

Is this a bug that needs fixing, or is there something else going on?
See example below from our OPAC:

Confirm holds for: Dumi Forcara (27434000010890)

Hold Title Priority Place On: Pickup Location
<http://ckls.kohalibrary.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=18704>Twilight
/ , by Meyer, Stephenie, 13 out of 12
Next available copy
A specific copy
Central Kansas Library System
Kathy

At 09:26 AM 7/10/2009, Nicole Engard wrote:
><snip>
>Patrons can see where they are in the queue if you turn on the
>OPACDisplayRequestPriority system preference - if you don't turn this
>on - you as staff can still see where people are in the queue by
>clicking the holds tab on the record itself in the staff client.
><snip>
>Nicole C. Engard
>Open Source Evangelist, LibLime
>(888) Koha ILS (564-2457) ext. 714
>nce at liblime.com
>AIM/Y!/Skype: nengard
>
>http://liblime.com
>http://blogs.liblime.com/open-sesame/

Kathleen D. Rippel
Dept. Head/Consultant--Resource Sharing and Access ;
Pathfinder Central (Manager)
Central Kansas Library System
1409 Williams
Great Bend, KS 67530

(620-792-4865) phone
(800-362-2642) toll-free, KS
(620-792-5495) fax

kdr at ckls.org
I'm currently reading: The Myriad: Tour of the Merrimack #1, by R. M. Meluch.
I'm currently listening to: Eclipse, by Stephenie Meyer.