[Koha] problem with koha Mysql connect.

Abhishek Amberkar [अभिषेक] abhishek.amberkar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 21:29:39 NZST 2009

2009/7/20 rekhasaraswat <rekhasaraswat at cdacnoida.in>

> Dear Vimal,
> Myself Rekha saraswat from CDAC, Noida.
> I m using BOSS Linux(Debian).
>
>  i have installed idzebra2.0 ,Net-Zoom package, YAZ3.0.38
> Now the error is that can't connect to local mysql server through the socket var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock.
> at the same time when i m trying to rebuild zebra it is showing can't find EXPLAIN schema.
> this problem is only with catalog search.
> rest of the things are working fine.
>

> kindly help me, if you can understand my problem.
>

> Regards
> Rekha

It's good that you are using Debian based distro for Koha. It seems
that Koha is not able to
connect to the MySQL.

Try checking /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml. Find following section.

<config>
 <db_scheme>mysql</db_scheme>
 <database>koha</database>
 <hostname>localhost</hostname>
 <port>3306</port>
 <user>kohaadmin</user>
 <pass>kohaadmin</pass>

In your case database, user, pass may be different. So using that
information try to logging in MySQL from command line

# mysql -u kohaadmin -pkohadmin -h localhost

Note : there is no space between "-p" and "kohaadmin"
If you are not able to get mysql prompt, "mysql>", then there's the
problem with login information.

Let us know what happens after trying this out.

--
With Regards
Abhishek Amberkar

RDG Library Services