[Koha] koha DBD error - autocommit not implemented

Richard D'Souza ritchiedsouza at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 16:11:42 NZST 2009

Hi,
I have been trying to install Koha-3.00.03 on debian-lenny. After completing
the install and pointing the browser to
http://localhost:8080/, I get the following error:
Koha error

The following fatal error has occurred:

DBD driver has not implemented the AutoCommit attribute at
/usr/lib/perl5/DBI.pm line 690.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Circulation.pm line 25.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Circulation.pm line 25.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Overdues.pm line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Overdues.pm line 24.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Members.pm line 27.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Members.pm line 27.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 27.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 27.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 23.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 23.

I have tried various version of DBI as well as DBD::mysql from the cpan
archive as well as the lenny's own deb files. But the same error persists.
This happens even after multiple installs of linux.

I even got the same error on Debian etch with the latest cpan modules.

Any help or lead will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard